Effective as of October 19, 2015. This privacy statement describes how ethosIQ, LLC collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website, www.ethosiq.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
ethosIQ collects the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
Like most web sites, ethosIQ automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Enable you to post your resume, search job postings, and contact or be contacted by prospective employers
- List you in our member directory made available only to other members
- List you in our publicly accessible member directory. If you do not want to be listed in our directory please contact ethosIQ at email@example.com
Effective as of October 19, 2015.
You may choose to stop receiving ethosIQ’s newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the United States Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. We purchase marketing data about our customers from third parties and combine it with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. You can import contacts from your Outlook or other email account address book to invite them to become members of our site. We collect the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from and will only use it for that purpose.
ethosIQ will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
ethosIQ may also disclose your personal information in the following instances:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- If ethosIQ. LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
ethosIQ’s Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. Web beacons may also be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
Links to Other Websites
Our website includes links to other sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of ethosIQ, LLC. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on ethosIQ’s website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Additional Policy Information
Correcting and updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
ethosIQ may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on ethosIQ’s privacy practices.